Francis St CBS is a senior cycle school catering for boys from 2nd to 6th class. We provide an excellent education to the children of Dublin 8 by not only promoting academic success but also the promotion of self-esteem, confidence, and personal responsibility. We have guaranteed small class sizes, experienced teachers and a long tradition of academic success, extracurricular activities and educational fulfilment. The learning environment we create is welcoming, happy, safe and respectful to everyone which makes us all very proud to be ‘Franner Boys’.
• Small class sizes
• Support for children including Maths Recovery and Reading Recovery
• Language Support Teacher
• Home School Liaison Teacher
• Parents Association
• SICCDA After Schools Homework and Activities Club run here in the school
• After School Clubs such as Kickboxing, Yoga, Glee, Chess, Sports, Art and Technology
• Visiting Yoga, Drama, Rugby, and Art teachers
• Sports including Gaelic Football, Hurling, Soccer, Rugby and Swimming
• Opportunity to participate in annual School Musical
• Opportunity to participate in our well established Student Council and Green Schools Committee
• We have interactive White Boards in each classroom
• Lunches are provided in school
• An affiliation with Nicholas of Myra Parish Centre which provides a Breakfast Club and Homework Club
• Supports such as Art Therapy, Counselling, Rainbows and Psychological Assessments
We love Reading…
Francis St CBS promotes a love of reading amongst our children with initiatives such as First Steps Reading and Writing, Word Walls, ‘Book Week’, ‘Poetry Week’, Shared Reading with Parents, ‘Peer Reading’, ‘Buddy Reading’, Literacy Power Hour, visiting Authors and Poets and a Library.
We believe that the building of self esteem is paramount to children’s learning. Many of our teachers are trained in Incredible Years and we have many initiatives to promote and reward positive behaviour, personal responsibility, social and emotional competence and emotional literacy. These include- golden time, pizza parties and educational outings and trips.
We have assembly every Friday where the boys receive ‘Boy of the Week’ and ‘Gold’ Certificates. These are give to boys who have been ‘Franner Boys’ , tried their best, worked hard, were friendly and kind etc..
Each month we award the ‘Best Class for Coming to School’, the ‘Best Line-Up’ and ‘the Tidiest Classroom’.
We love Our School